Monday 31 August 2015

Kanye West was honored in a big way during Sunday night's
MTV Video Music Awards by receiving the Michael Jackson
Video Vanguard Award, an accolade previously awarded to
superstars like Beyoncé, Justin Timberlake, Britney Spears,
Madonna and The Beatles throughout the show's more than
20-year tenure.
He accepted the prestigious award but not without a
13minute acceptance speech that blew any previous Kanye
moments way out of the water.
West
Prior to Yeezy taking the stage, Taylor Swift  talked about the
infamous 2009 VMAs Best Female Video debacle that pinned
the two hit makers against each other for years to follow.
Taylor said any feud between the two was laid to rest long
ago, admitting that Kanye's 2004 College Dropout was the
first album she bought on iTunes.
"I'm really happy for you and Imma let you finish but
Kanye has had one of the greatest careers of all time," Swift
playfully joked as the honoree prepared to deliver his
speech.
As the crowd chanted his name, West looked visibly
overwhelmed before recanting his numerous regrets
surrounding the career-polarizing move.
"If I had to do it all over again, what would I have
done? Would I have worn a leather shirt? Would I
have drank half a bottle of Hennessy and gave the
rest of it to the audience...? If I had a daughter at
that time would I have gone on stage and grabbed
the mic from someone else's?" he asked.
West also acknowledged the backlash he has felt throughout
his outspoken career: "The contradiction is, I do fight for
artists, but in that fight I somehow was disrespectful to
artists. I didn't know how to say the right thing, the perfect
thing," adding, "Sometimes I feel like I died for the artists'
opinion, for the artist to be able to have an opinion after they
were successful."
And to top it all off, looks like the US might be looking
"West" for the 2020 presidential election. Yes, that's right.
Kanye announced he's running for president.
Kanye West announced he was running for president in
2020 during the MTV VMAs on Sunday.
The bold declaration came at the end of an epic acceptance
speech for a lifetime achievement award.

0 comments:

Post a Comment