Monday 1 September 2014

Nigerian star striker Emmanuel Emenike is currently at war
with the Enugu State Government over 13 plots of land
worth N30 million which he bought to build a sports
academy in Enugu according to a report from
AfricanFootball.
According to the report, soldiers have invaded the property
in Enugu and have prevented any work on it, a development
that hasn't gone down well with the footballer. Emenike
said he bought the 13 plots of land after the World Cup in
Brazil through a special assistant to the Enugu State
Governor, Frank Ugwunweze, who handed all documents
concerning the land in Emenike's name to the striker.
"I worked hard to make my money, I know what I
pass through on the pitch before I earn my living and
it will be unfair if what am hearing about my land in
Enugu State was true.'' The striker said. Continue...
"I visit Enugu whenever I come to Nigeria, my friends
stay there as well as some of my family members.
And I am the kind of person who allows for advise.
Even before now, I had a dream to own an academy
not only in Nigeria but I believe in the saying that
"charity begins at home". About three, four months
ago, I acquired 13 plots of land in Enugu State
through the special assistant to Governor Sullivan
Chime. And during the time of conversation of the
land papers he never told me there was any problem
on the land. He gave me all the necessary documents
in my name after payment. I then directed for work to
commence immediately, but the state government
has directed soldiers to stop anybody from working
there. I don't want to believe that this is fraud. I am
ready to fight it all. I am not a politician and I see no
reason why my money will be held by the government
house. I have called some top government officials in
Enugu, but all of them are not trying to be sincere.
They could not help because the order came from the
Governor. Nobody is trying to be sincere and as a
matter of fact, I want my money back. I am very
depressed that there is no confidence in investing in
my country. I just don't understand the pranks.
Right from time, I don't like going through
government for anything. I prefer to do it with my
money and I see no reason why my property will be
held back by government. People go to government to
get free land, but I will not do that because there is
no sincerity in most of the things we do. And I will
not be here and somebody takes my money, it will
never happen. I just want to believe that His
Excellency Governor Chime was not aware of the
purchase of the land, in that case, I will like to have
my money back." He said
Emenike is set to remain in the Turkyce lig with
Fernabahce this season after a successful world cup with
Nigeria in Brazil.

0 comments:

Post a Comment