Thursday 21 August 2014

Photo: Human parts syndicate busted in Lagos

Operatives of  the Special Anti Robbery Squad, SARS, Ikeja,
Lagos have smashed a syndicate that specialize in selling
human parts, Vanguard reports.
The 3 suspects whose names were given as Mustapha
Muritala, Sunday Oluyeba and Adenike Olanrewaju, were
arrested at the Ojumerin area of Sagamu, Ogun State
following a tip off. Recovered from the suspects were two
human skulls suspected to have been procured from a
graveyard.
When interrogated, one of the suspects, 42 year old
Herbalist Mustapha Murtala, said he ventured into the
business two years ago following an offer of N30,000 for a
human skull. Continue...
"I am a herbalist from Sagamu, Ogun State. I was
introduced to human parts business by one Sunday
Oluyeba I knew through my friends, Olanipekun and
Kazim, three years ago. My friends asked me to get
native birds called eyeoshi and eyeoke, and I
succeeded in getting them. They later came and
requested a human head with an offer of N30,000.
They said they wanted to use it to prepare concoction
for a pregnant woman in labour . They told me they
also use human parts to prepare concoction for
women who have difficulty in getting pregnant. What
they do is to grind the human skull, mix it with water
and give to the woman to drink. Such concoction
cleanses the stomach, after which she would become
pregnant. Sunday brought the human head and I paid
him N15,000 for it. This is the second time I am
buying a human skull from him. I do not know where
he got them from.”
Recounting how he was arrested, Mustapha said
“I was going about my herbal business when a man
came and demanded human skull. As I handed the
nylon where I kept it to him, some men I later
discovered to be policemen swooped on me. I have
never killed anyone in my life.” he said
After his arrest, he was made to put a call across to his
partner in crime, Oluyeba, demanding a human head.
Oluyeba, who was indisposed, instructed one of his
herbalist friends, Baba Beji, to go for the supply. He was
arrested when he got there.
Further investigations by police led to the arrest of another
suspect in Sagamu. The suspect, Juwon Olarewaju, another
herbalist, reportedly fled on sighting policemen and his
wife, Mrs Olarewaju was arrested instead.
34 year old Mrs Olarewaju, said she was shocked to find
out her husband was involved in such a trade. She said;
“I have been married to Juwon for five years and we
have two children. My husband is a herbalist but I
didn’t know he was dealing in human parts. I was
arrested in my house at about 2am over the weekend.
I swear, I didn’t know anything about all these. I was
arrested because my husband whom they came to
arrest ran away. These people implicated my
husband in the matter; they said my husband
supplied them with a human head.” she said
Police say the suspects will soon be charged to court.

0 comments:

Post a Comment