Wednesday, 16 July 2014

National Food, Drugs Administration and Control
(NAFDAC), has been indicted over non-remittance of
N1.439 billion operational surplus to the Federation
Account.
The development, according to the Fiscal
Responsibility Commission (FRC), contradicts the
Fiscal Responsibility Act of 2007, Section 2 of which
makes it mandatory for government agencies to remit
certain percentage of their operational surplus to the
Federation Account.
The Act states that ‘’Notwithstanding the provisions of
any written law governing the corporation, each
corporation shall establish a general reserve fund and
shall allocate thereto at the end of each financial year,
one-fifth of its operating surplus for the year, the
balance of the operating surplus shall be paid into the
consolidated Revenue Fund of the Federal Government
not later than one month following the statutory
deadline for publishing each corporation’s accounts’’.
Head of Policy & Standard of FRC, Mohammed Ola Ti­
jani, said that following the review of NAFDAC’s
account it was discovered that the agency has a
deficit of N1.439 billion.
‘‘We have reviewed your accounts from 2007 – 2009
and has discovered that you have to pay N1.439
billion to the Federation Accounts as demanded by
law’’ he said.
According to Tijani, a close look at NAFDAC’s ac­
count shows that it generated N491,252 million
surplus in 2007, N857,132 million in 2008 and
N607,680 million in 2009 but paid N64, 048 million to
the federation account in 2007, N93 million in 2008
and N105,000 million in 2009. The account books, he
said, also indicates that NAFDAC 2007outstanding
stood at N427,204 million, N763,565 in 2008 and
N502,680 millions in 2009. Acting Chairman of FRC,
Mr. Victor Chinemerem Muruako, said that NAFDAC
would be sanctioned if it delays the payments further.
‘‘I would have appreciated it if the DG of NAFDAC
himself was here. I will only appeal to your
management to hurriedly pay this money to the
government’s purse, failing which, we will write dam­
aging reports on your agency.”
The Federal Government, he said, needs this money to
build infrastructure and create employment for the
youths and “we will not relent on our efforts to assist
government recover all the monies out there?”
In his remarks, the representative of NAFDAC and
Director of Finance and Accounts, Mr. Ademola Mog­
bojumi, said he will take the message back to the
Director-General, Dr. Paul Orhii for action.
Read More
Germany midfielder Mesut Ozil has confirmed that he has
"supported the surgery" of 23 children in Brazil in the wake
of his side's World Cup triumph.
- Head to Head: Mesut Ozil at Arsenal
Ozil, 25, helped fund operations for 11 sick children in the
World Cup host nation before the tournament and
Germany's successful World Cup campaign has inspired
him to donate more money.
Joachim Low's victorious squad are believed to have
received bonuses of 300,000 euros per player following
their 1-0 victory of Argentina on Sunday.
Ozil confirmed his charitable intentions on his official
Facebook page, writing: "Prior to the #WorldCup I
supported the surgery of eleven sick children [in Brazil].
"Since the victory of the #WorldCup is not only due to
eleven players but to our whole team, I will now raise the
number to 23."
It had been reported that Arsenal star Ozil was planning to
give some of his winnings to help the relief effort in Gaza in
the wake of the recent conflict in the region, but his agent
Roland Eitel was quoted in the International Business
Times as saying: "The claim that Mesut donated money to
Gaza is not true.
"Maybe in the future, who knows? He donated money to
causes in Brazil and he is now on holiday."
Read More
Operatives of the Special Task Force (STF) in Plateau State
have recovered over 218 cows stolen by cattle rustlers in
various parts of the state, this is according to a news report
on the website of the Defence HQ .
Some of the cattle were salvaged when troops
carrying out special patrols to deescalate cattle
rustling in the region were alerted to a group of
youthful cattle rustlers who had made away with
some cattle after killing herdsmen at Kanke town. The
Operatives who swiftly trailed and intercepted the
rustlers have taken one of the suspects into custody
for preliminary investigations after which he will be
handed over to the appropriate prosecuting agency.
A separate operation carried out by the special patrol
operatives has also led to the recovery of 30 cows from
cattle rustlers in Panchiki village in Plateau State. The
cattle were recovered following a pursuit by the troops,
compelling the rustlers to abandon the cattle. All the cattle
have been returned to their rightful owners across the
state.
Cattle rustling have been a major cause of violence and the
bane of peaceful coexistence in North Central Nigeria.
Read More

The General Overseer of the Deeper Life Bible Church,
Pastor W.F. Kumuyi, has denied media reports that he
banned the use of Ipads and Iphones in his church. He
released a statement to that effect on his Facebook page.
Find it after the cut...
THIS REPORT IS FALSE.
There was never a time as referred to in the article, when
Pastor W.F. Kumuyi made this statement or “BANNED” the
use of mobile devices in the Church.
As much as every Christ-loving believer is encouraged to
give God his/her full attention when in Church or in any
other place, where the Word of God is being taught, this
story is HIGHLY MISCHIEVOUS and MISLEADING.
There is no doubt that Technology has its place in the
spread of the gospel message as well as believers’
development where such is put into proper use but its
misuse or abuse is not encouraged.
“Finally, brethren, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may
have free course, and be glorified, even as it is with you:
And that we may be delivered from unreasonable and
wicked men: FOR ALL MEN HAVE NOT FAITH. But the Lord
is faithful, WHO SHALL STABLISH YOU, and KEEP YOU
FROM EVIL” 2 Thessalonians 3:1-3.
Remember, it is not everything from these sources that is
true!
May the Lord keep you in the Truth and not be tossed about
by errors, in Jesus’ Name. Amen!
Read More
Paul Okoye, Julius Agwu, J Martin and Phyno pictured
above as they arrived Oba, Anambra state ahead of Jude
Okoye's traditional wedding to Ifeoma Umeokeke which
will take place tomorrow July 17th in Nnewi Anambra
state.
Read More
The Abia State Commissioner for Agriculture, Dr Kenneth
Nwosu, who was shot by suspected assassins on
Wednesday July 9th has died. He died from gunshot
wounds he sustained following the attack along the
Umuajata/Amakama road while driving from Umuahia the
capital city to his home at Olokoro in Umuahia South local
government.
He was rushed to the Abia State Specialist Hospital
Umuahia where he had been receiving medical attention.
Unfortunately he didn't make it. He died on Monday July
14th, six days after the attack.
His death was announced by the Abia State Commissioner
for Information and Strategy, Mr Eze Chikamnayo at a
press conference yesterday Tuesday July 15th. Mr
Chikanmayo said Dr Nwosu's death was a great loss to the
people of Abia state. May his soul rest in peace...amen.
Read More


Music icon 2face Idibia's 1st son, Nino Idibia, has turned to
music and I hear he's quite the performer. His mum,
Sunmbo Ajaba Adeoye shared a video of his performance
on Facebook and when people associated his talent to his
dad, Sunmbo posted this response above. What she tryna
say? :-)
Read More